[Sca-cooks] Watermelon Rind Pickles

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Tue Jul 28 14:46:44 PDT 2015

Save your pennies and get a small organic melon if you are going to make the
pickles.  Wash it well and peel the dark green part away before you start
the rest of the process.

I've put some finished pickles into my dehydrator and I LOVE THEM.  They are
even better than the pickles in the syrup.  Sort of like a thick fruit
leather.  YUM>
Christianna

Stefan said:
Oh, um, okay. I'm skeptical, but I'm going to try them. After all, I now eat
(sugared) orange and fruit peels.

I've saved your comments and the link. Now for the time when I might have
enough room in my refrigerator for a watermelon. Or a family get together.
I'll just have to buy the watermelon, use it there and save the rind pieces.

They do seem to have gone up a bit from several years ago. $5 to $8 / melon.
I seem to remember less than $5 in the past. Lately they also seem to be
less red and less tasty than I remember in the past. Don't know if it is the
seedless variety or my memory.