[Sca-cooks] watermelons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:38:22 PDT 2015

Jim Chevallier commented:
<<< "Pipones et melones
Piper puleium mel vel passum liquamen acetum interdum et silfi accedit".

https://books.google.com/books?id=ikA8AAAAcAAJ&dq=inauthor%3Aapicius&pg=PT9#v=onepage&q&f=false

(Fish sauce with melons? Brrrr….) >>>

Lol. Well, I remember growing up putting salt on my watermelon slices. Some of the discussion here has made me wonder if those watermelons weren’t as sweet as the ones I’ve gotten more recently, or maybe it was just a strange family tradition.

Thank you Jim, and everyone else for the watermelon discussion. Interesting. It also gives me enough new info that I’ll be creating a new Florilegium watermelons-msg file, rather than just adding this to the melons-msg file.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris