[Sca-cooks] Salting watermelons

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 15:50:54 PDT 2015

Ah. True enough.

I suppose one could say similar things about a lot of uses for garum (I've
read that it was considered a cheap substitute for salt, though given that
garum  itself could get pretty pricey, I have my doubts).

And it's medieval too; it was still being imported in the early Middle Ages
 and Charlemagne had something by that name made on his estates (whatever
it  really was).

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Late medieval bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2015/06/french-bread-history-late-medieval-brea
d.html

In a message dated 7/28/2015 3:43:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,