[Sca-cooks] Quail eggs in gelatin?

Gretchen R Beck cmupythia at cmu.edu
Mon May 25 18:17:48 PDT 2015

An article on the Two 15th C Cookery Books in the 1990 Oxford Symposium on Food suggests that eggs may not be part of the equation, but rather jelly of some sort molded in egg shells:

https://books.google.com/books?id=XseXnb98h90C&pg=PA147&dq=eyroun+engele&hl=en&sa=X&ei=LcljVcuOLYeNsAWUl4CoAw&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=eyroun%20engele&f=false

toodles, margaret