[Sca-cooks] Uses for Whey?

dailleurs dailleurs at liripipe.com
Sat Nov 14 09:17:59 PST 2015

-------- Original message --------
From: Terry Decker <t.d.decker at att.net>
Date: 11/14/2015  9:02 AM  (GMT-08:00)
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Uses for Whey?

And they didn't "baptize" the cook?

Bear

I just wouldn't use whey as a substitute for lemonade - I don't care what
anyone tells you!  There is a story that years ago the cook at an event put
out the whey as lemonade - people saw it, thought it was "real" lemonade
and filled their glasses - one taste and they all threw it out - but that
didn't stop them from sitting back and watching other people suffer the
same fate.  The cook came out of the kitchen and, seeing all the whey gone,
he smiled thinking everyone loved it and refilled the pitchers.

Shoshanah