[Sca-cooks] quince question - BLETTING!

Nancy nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 16 05:26:53 PST 2015

Actually, quinces can be used before rotting.  I have worked with both flowering quince (Chaenomeles) and fruiting quince (Cydonia) and the fruits were not "bletted;" when I bought them at the grocery store they weren't bletted either.  As to one small quince....probably best to use for the pectin to set other types of fruit jellies/jams.  Or you can look around your neighborhood to see if anyone else has any and combine them.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!
This is very good advice.