[Sca-cooks] quince question - BLETTING!

Rebecca Friedman rebeccaanne3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:39:27 PST 2015

Fair warning: Once upon a time, I tried substituting quinces for apples as
the fruit providing extra pectin in my favorite peach jam recipe. The
providing-pectin part worked just fine; the jam set beautifully... but it
was not peach jam; it was quite distinctly peach-quince jam. The flavor on
those things is *fierce. *I don't know how true that is of flowering
quinces, our tree is fruiting - but fair warning just in case.

Rebecca