[Sca-cooks] Arabian Society in the Middle Age

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Sep 4 12:54:32 PDT 2015

EW Lane, the author of this study, was a pretty high end orientalist
back in the 19th century. He is the author of Lane's Lexicon, which is
still about the best Arabic-English dictionary of classical Arabic. This
book is a compilation of Lane's notes on his translation of the Thousand
and One Arabian Nights. Since those stories provide a window into many
aspects of medieval Islamic culture, I'd say that this book has a lot of
potential. I have downloaded it and will examine it more closely.

-- Galefridus