[Sca-cooks] Milt or soft roe

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:18:03 PDT 2015

Many thanks for all your contributions to clarify this for me. I feel much better about my description thanks to your corrections and additions.

Someone asked “what is my source?” It is María Teresa Castro Martinez, La alimentation en las cornicas castellanas bajomedievales. I have page 327 listed. I looked it up to confirm this and provide any background that might have been cut when pinning the word with which I am not familiar. At this point, I found that my file reviewing the book has disappeared from my word files. Secondly, in the entire section on fish, pp 322-327, Castro only talks about fish caught and consumed. She does not go into details concerning harvesting caviar, milt or doe.

What I need to do is to take my floppy discs somewhere to get them put onto a pen drive. The milt problem in just one example of hours of research down the drain if I can’t find the reference. The vocabulary that I use for my blogs consists of words pertaining to food encountered in medieval texts or texts about Spain in the Middle Ages, which I do not understand or which are common fare, reflecting customs of the day, like salmon or trout. I don’t make anything up. My hands are too full already.

Please be patient with me I so want to recuperate the floppy disc files, which hopefully will resolve more queries than this one. . .