[Sca-cooks] Cant Remember Recipe

Daniel Myers edoard at medievalcookery.com
Tue Sep 8 08:17:13 PDT 2015

Was it this one?

Chickens or Capons on a Spit with their Sauce. When you have roasted them well, take five peeled almonds and grind them up with fine sugar - if you do not have sugar, use honey - and temper that with lemon juice to make it slightly thick; put this over the chickens, or else put the sauce in small bowls and the chickens on plates; serve warm.  [The Neapolitan recipe collection (Italy, 15th c - T. Scully, trans.)]

- Doc

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Sca-cooks] Cant Remember Recipe