[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Mustard Powder

Drucilla Meany-Herbert bookshop at charter.net
Thu Sep 17 14:24:56 PDT 2015

I was chatting with a lady that did a class on sauces and she mentioned
using a powder that didn't leave as bitter an aftertaste. Can't remember the
brand name - it wasn't Penzeys or Atlantic Spice - both of which I use or a
Mediteranean shop. Was trying to see if anyone knew the brand name.

I usually age my mustards 3-5 months.
My mustards I do not cook or heat them with the exception of the  Dijon.
With the Dijon, I heat it not over 130 degrees. Think I will do it no higher
than 100 degrees per a suggestion here.
Prefer not using the powder since I have a hard time getting rid of the
aftertaste/bitterness even with ageing or heating it.

Gwyneth