[Sca-cooks] Culinary Project - Request for Advice

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 14:22:15 PDT 2016

Greetings
Can you provide a sample entry and sample recipe? It's easier for readers to understand what you intend when they see examples. [Are you providing modern versions or redactions of the recipes? If so, Are you providing measurements in US measures and metric? Of use to Society cooks are sources or substitutions for hard to locate ingredients.]

Are you self publishing or do you have a contract with a publisher? Formatting may be determined by the contract and you may have no choice in the formatting. The publisher may also want to determine how or if the book will be indexed. Indexes, references, etc are often being left out; publishers simply don't want to pay for those extra and perhaps little used pages. (I and many others would prefer extensive footnotes
and bibliography.) E editions often do not include any indexes these days; it is expected one will use and rely on the ereader search function.
Also see below for one other concern.

Johnnae
Sent from my iPad