[Sca-cooks] honey

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:10:02 PDT 2016

I am not getting a handle on honey. As per the 13th Century Al Andalus MS there are several sweets calling for honey. See Perry/Friendman’s translation http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_contents.htm <http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_contents.htm>.

I bought a candy thermometer but after 220 degrees I burn the honey. Either it turns out too burned and hard or too soft.

My cleaning woman likes the hard version. When her husband talks too much she pops a ball into his mouth and he spends the rest of the evening sucking it.  But that’s not the point!