[Sca-cooks] Shakespeare and food

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:29:59 PDT 2016

Johnna Holloway wrote:

> To commemorate the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death, NPR
> has been running a special series.
>
> "Editor's note: This week, to mark the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death, we will be running a series of stories examining the links between food and the Bard." Articles are here:
> http://www.npr.org/tags/475010957/shakespeare-and-food
> Topics have included:
> Snacking in Shakespeare's Time

If I were an octopus, i.e. had the time, I would do the same with Quixote if it hasn’t been done already. I know Quixote better than Shakespeare and Sancho Panza can make your mouth water throughout between his breadcrumbs and other peasant dishes still known and eaten today in Extremadura at least. Whenever my memory serves me I do cite Cervantes in my blog - Medieval Spanish Chef but I should do it more. . .

Thanks for the info as I do compare Spanish medieval food to the English when it seems possible.