[Sca-cooks] Medieval Spanish Chef's blog titled "Charles Perry"

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:13:23 PST 2016

With bated breath, I am preparing this blog for publication in late March:

"Perry, Charles, is an American expert on Middle East cookery and translator of culinary manuscripts. He is a graduate of the University of California in Berkeley, where he obtained a bachelor’s degree in Near Eastern Languages. He has studied under the Carnegie Foundation at the Middle East Center for Arab Studies in Shimlan, Lebanon. He constantly travels to the Middle East visiting innumerous countries including Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Morocco, Yemen and Uzbekistan, to discover food every where he goes. He began as a journalist and contributing editor of the magazine Rolling Stone. Since he worked as a food columnist and restaurant reviewer in Los Angles.

 "What is of utmost importance in this work is his translation of Manuscrito Anómino, also known as Anonymous, Al-Andalus, an untitled 13th C. Spanish-Arabic recipe collection from Moorish Spain and his contributions to Medieval Arab Cookery. Both publications serve as links between cookery in the Arab world with that of Spain in the Middle Ages and ultimately Europe. [ES: Perry. Sep 5, 00; and Roden. 2001:14-15]"

In reference to the Anon Al-Andalus, I am not comfortable that all the credit goes to Perry as many of you worked very hard on it. I think you should be recognized for your contributions. How can I rephrase that? Do you have any other suggestions or correction?

Many thanks