[Sca-cooks] Pretzels

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Feb 24 16:05:43 PST 2016

I have a translation missing part of the text.  I've pulled up a facsimile
of Messibugio's text and a copy of Florio's 1611 Italian-English Dictionary
to check the translation.  I'm missing "e le farai leuare con gran
diligenza" from the translation.

Bear

"Then you will make your brazzatelle according to the method you want to
use, and then you will let rise with careful attention,"

When a recipe tells you to let dough rise, I think it's a reasonable
conclusion that it has some sort of leavening in it, whether yeast or
sourdough. I'm working from a translation--do you have a different
reading of the original?

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com