[Sca-cooks] Prince-Bisket Question

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 12:27:34 PDT 2016

Interesting. I'm not very hands on, but I'll have to try twice-baking the
bread I make from hand-ground and sifted flour and see what the result is
like.

Otherwise, I see from Estienne's Maison d'Agriculture, that biscuit for
sailors "and people in besieged towns" was typically made from rye  flour.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 7/23/2016 11:22:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,