[Sca-cooks] 2016 Silly Season Starts

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Jul 31 04:28:07 PDT 2016

Worldcat at one time was known as OCLC. It was a shared cataloguing database for libraries. (I can remember the first OCLC terminals arriving at the UofI back in the 1970s.) It's now up online for anyone to use. It allows you to identify items that might be of interest and construct a bibliography, or verify sources as to spelling, year, proper title, etc. In this case browsing the subject headings I gave you should turn up other titles to seek out and loan in. It's a research tool of the first order. We used to wait in line to use a terminal during the half hour free time a day; now you can use it anytime, anyplace.

http://www.worldcat.org

http://www.worldcat.org/whatis/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldCat

Johnnae