[Sca-cooks] Hall of 50 at SCA50Year

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Jun 19 15:18:34 PDT 2016

Although I didn't attend, I did get to see the poster.  Very nice.

I went looking for anything on the Hall of 50 online, but there doesn't seem
to be anything on the websites.  Do you know if anything has been posted or
are they just being sloppy with the PR?

Bear

There's been no press release but the following is happening at SCA 50 Year.

At the upcoming SCA50Year celebrations in June, there will be a special
recognition for the Society's Artisans and Scientists, a  Hall of 50. This
Hall recognizes
"those who truly inspire us in the pursuit of the dream. They teach, share,
create, and live our dream in ways that leave an indelible mark. There maybe
500 or more, but we have chosen 50 of the best and brightest stars to
represent the vast variety and geography of the Arts and Sciences in the
SCA. These folks are those that inspire us by: Living the Dream in persona
or culture study; Sharing the Dream by teaching; Creating the Dream in
material objects, food, or entertainment;  Spreading the Dream through
publishing or the internet; Discovering the Dream through research."

"Originally The plan was to have all exhibit on the same day, (Tuesday, the
21st.) The space for that exhibit has been appropriated for another use and
the 50 Artisans will need to display spread through the week. We will set up
with, and follow the schedule of, the Artisan Craft Faire. You may display
on more than one day if your art supports that."  So the Hall of 50 Notables
will now display according to their craft:

Saturday, June 18. Textiles
Sunday, June 19. Clothing and Accessories
Monday, June 20. Domestic Arts
Tuesday, June 21. Technological Sciences and Studio Arts
Thursday, June 23. Scribal Arts and Painting
Friday , June 24. Performing Arts and Dance

As before, your posters will be up on display in the main hall for the
entire week.*****"

--------
It turns out I was selected as one of the 50. Sadly, I am unable to attend,
but I did send along something for the display on Domestic Arts on Monday.
If you attend, please stop past and let me know how the poster looks. My son
did the portrait.

Johnnae llyn Lewis