[Sca-cooks] OT Airbnb

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:27:13 PDT 2016

I am an Airbnb hostess in for the "Most Magical B&B" in Santiago, Chile. I had an unexplicable dry spell. Finally, I checked it out and there seemed to be the lack of a period between three zeros. So the ad read that I was renting out one bedroom for $5,000 per night instead of $50!

Further, the apartment was not on the map that Airbnb shows.As this is in the center of Sanhattan, we called them about that and in 24 hours we had two new UN guests from Ethiopia of all places! It was a wonderful experience. We shared the products of the recipes we published that week in the Medieval Spanish Chef. They had a tough time telling me which they liked the best. The fishtballs are so good but then the chicken pie is great as well as the hake in parsley sauce.  Its amazing how these recipes become gourmet with a little work.

Apart from that I prepared almond filling for doughnuts to be published in September adapted from Anon Al-Andalus. It took four tries to get it right between the doughnut dough and the filling, which hurt as almonds are so expensive but I served them for breakfast the last day they were here. Between the two, they devoured all 12 doughnuts in 10 minutes! - They were that good!

We are overwhelmed at how good 13th century recipes can be.