[Sca-cooks] barded or marble meat in the 13th century

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Mar 4 11:22:22 PST 2016

BTW, the Arabic title of the recipe doesn't translate to "Dish of Meat
with Cauliflower." It translates to "Dish of Meat with White Lead." The
last word of the recipe is إسفيداج (isfidaj), which Lane's Lexicon
defines as white lead. It is also listed as such in Avicenna, who
describes its uses and effects in detail.

-- Galefridus