[Sca-cooks] Rockfish

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 06:24:29 PDT 2016

A while back, I asked for help with the following recipe concerning the use
of yeast in it. A friend of mine had caught some rockfish and I had given
the recipe to her to try. It turns out the these fish can be farm raised
and are reasonably priced. I bought a couple and gave it a try.

The fish were a bit bony, but tasted pleasant. The sauce was a bit tart
from the verjuice, but that goes well with fish. It was not as tart as
lemon juice, though. As I didn't have herbs on the branch, I used dried
herbs and strained the mix after removing the fish.

Overall, it was pretty good, but I will tweak it a bit the next time,
perhaps adding some more verjuice just before serving and using fresh herbs.

Guillaume

To seeth Roches, Flounders, or Eeles.
MAke ye good broth with newe Yeast, put therein Uergious, Salt, Parsley, a
litle Time, and not so much Rosemarie and pepper. So set it on the fyre and
boyle it, & when it is wel boyled, put in Roches, Flounders, Eles, and a
quantitie of sweet Butter.
- The good Huswifes Handmaide for the Kitchin