[Sca-cooks] Question about "leaded pots"

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:57:57 PDT 2016

>  "Terry Decker" wrote:
>
> For terracotta pots, well-leaded means glazed.
>
> Dan Brewer wrote
>
> Please do not use pottery that has a lead glaze for cooking.  The lead can
> leach out and have some significant impacts on your health.  Pottery that
> comes for India or China is not lead free.

This sounds like some pottery made somewhere near Talavera de la Reina. I can’t remember name of the town now but we were told that the pottery there, containing lead could not be used in the microwave so I never went there but instead bought pottery in Talavera which does not contain lead and can be used in the microwave.