[Sca-cooks] SCA 50 Year

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:47:49 PDT 2016

Johnnae asked:
<<< So with June almost upon us, who is attending 50 Year? >>>

Unfortunately, not me.

I was planning on going, but decided just recently that I couldn’t afford it.

We got our new flooring installed. I’m in the middle of unboxing things and figuring out what things we can get rid of (that my wife will let me) and where to put the things we keep.

But I’ve got some possible leads on some good jobs that fit my skills. Unfortunately the training to move from institutional dialysis to home dialysis takes six weeks and worse, may have a queue to get into. I’ve been talking to several recruiters, but depending upon how flexible the possible companies are willing to be, I may be in a race between their desires and my being able to work full time.

If I get one of those jobs, then money will be much less of a concern. Unfortunately, the timing is just not working out for 50 Year.

I wonder if I could make Pennsic again? My dialysis machine will only be the size of a large suitcase and about 40 pounds. But needs running water and a drain, so I would probably have to do it in a motel.

I’m going to get rid of several boxes of books. Some are SCA/medieval oriented, some are cooking ones.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris