[Sca-cooks] Norse cooking

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:52:13 PST 2016

Do you mean early Scandinavian food? I am not familiar with the term Norse,
can you explain it?
Do you mean Danmark Sweden Norway and Iceland?
I lived more than 30 years in  Sweden and attended several times banquets
and feasts arranged by cooks trying to recreate pre-Christian and Medieval
times.
The only sources seem to be Eddorna where food is cooked and eaten by
heroes and gods.
The food named there is deer venison eelk or moose reindeer abd wild swine
plus fish and mead a drink made of fermented honey
They had many roots as turnips rotselleri.
Ana