[Sca-cooks] Are "D'arioles" the Same as "Darioles"?

Elise Fleming alyskatharine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:14:27 PST 2016

In the online "History of Royal Food and Feasting" course that I'm
taking, we are up to the time of King George III. On a menu that the
course has shown us for one of George's meals, he is being served
"D'arioles". I began to wonder if this was the same as our good old 14th
century "darioles", a kind of custard tart. I can't (so far) locate any
18th-century recipe for "d'arioles" or even "darioles". Might the
darioles still be continuing on for centuries? Brits still like custard
tarts today.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming