[Sca-cooks] Are "D'arioles" the Same as "Darioles"?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Nov 21 21:12:55 PST 2016

http://18thccuisine.blogspot.com/2007/02/darioles.html

Try these.

The entry for darioles in the Oxford Companion to Sugar and Sweets can be
found here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=R1bCBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA207&lpg=PA207&dq=dariole+tart&source=bl&ots=TTPmVwcaBZ&sig=XaN_5XHULjRCxKtu85wc-0ooSu8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie_Y7wyrvQAhVJrlQKHdUsBzoQ6AEIIDAB#v=onepage&q=dariole%20tart&f=false

Bear

In the online "History of Royal Food and Feasting" course that I'm
taking, we are up to the time of King George III. On a menu that the
course has shown us for one of George's meals, he is being served
"D'arioles". I began to wonder if this was the same as our good old 14th
century "darioles", a kind of custard tart. I can't (so far) locate any
18th-century recipe for "d'arioles" or even "darioles". Might the
darioles still be continuing on for centuries? Brits still like custard
tarts today.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming