[Sca-cooks] "Garnished Parsley"

Elise Fleming alyskatharine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:07:09 PST 2016

Greetings! I am trying to pin down what "garnished parsley" actually
means. Strictly speaking, the term that came up was "a faggot of
garnished parsley". So, "faggot" is a "bunch". I've been guessing that
"garnished parsley" would refer to the type of parsley used for a
garnish. The recipe(s) that use this term are from the 1800s, possibly
late 1700s. Would you surmise that the type of parsley referred to would
be curly parsley or flat-leaf (Italian) parsley? Thanks!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alyskatharine at gmail.com