[Sca-cooks] Crane Cookery: Was OOP - Unusual Meat

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 13:05:15 PDT 2016

We listed 10 Medieval recipes for crane and roast crane in the Concordance for English Recipes.
For some reason, Dutch recipes come to mind and those can be found here at
http://www.coquinaria.nl/kooktekst/

You might also run a search on Sandhill crane recipes too and compare what is said about the modern birds.
https://bestyummyrecipes.wordpress.com/sandhill-crane-nuggets/

We only have just over 800 pairs in the state here, so no hunting. In fact watching them flock in at sunset at the refuge just west of us here is a favorite autumn activity.

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad