[Sca-cooks] Period Feasts, bread, butter

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:50:39 PDT 2016

Don't forget you burn calories keeping warm in the winter, and most
times northern Europe in period was cold and ill heated, and clothing
only goes so far. I know that cold weather military rations boost
calories about 1/3 over regular rations, though fat is preferred over
protein for the calories carbs will work as well.

On 10/5/2016 1:15 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Even with only two meals that seems like a awful lot of bread. And that doesn’t include all the starch/grain in beer that might have been eaten with that. With a lot of manual labor, I guess you burn all that off, but it still seems like a lot.

---