[Sca-cooks] honey butter

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 13:25:38 PDT 2016

Years ago I got the idea that though people had actually eaten butter and
of course used it in cooking, spreading it on bread came fairly late. Then I
 found a fourteenth century list of expenses for a traveling monk and one
item  was bread with butter spread on it.

Unfortunately, I misplaced the reference. I'm reasonably sure it's in my
archived PDF's, but simply have not been able to find it again.

jC

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 10/4/2016 5:09:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,