[Sca-cooks] Anything going on?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 09:07:39 PDT 2016

I would think Galen would be more likely. To work out which though would
take some close analysis. (Anthimus' sources are very hard to work out; he
contradicts some of the most well-known on certain points.)

You might want to look at Scully's analysis of the Viandier; it gives an
excellent idea of how these ideas were embedded in the recipes of the  time.

De la Marche has an image of doctors standing behind the Duke of Burgundy
at meals and offering advice as he ate (real-time meal coaches - how has the
 Hollywood elite NOT thought of this yet?)

_https://books.google.com/books?id=CNtAAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA666&dq=inauthor:%22Oliv
ier+de+La+Marche%22+medecin+table&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHh-XCxO7OAhVBI2MKHZ
n1AQkQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q&f=false_
(https://books.google.com/books?id=CNtAAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA666&dq=inauthor:"Olivier+de+La+Marche"+medecin+table&hl=en&sa=X
&ved=0ahUKEwiHh-XCxO7OAhVBI2MKHZn1AQkQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

Wouldn't help MY appetite.

If you want an idea of how a doctor  looked at all this in the late Middle
Ages, here's a relatively readable edition  of Aldebrandino:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6458299v.r=Aldebrandin?rk=21459;2

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 9/1/2016 8:05:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,