[Sca-cooks] New Florilegium PDF test file

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:48:55 PDT 2016

<<< The links in the original article do work, though they're not in color, so they don't stand out.  Not a major problem, but people might not think to click, assuming they aren't live since they're black and white.

Sandra >>>

Yes, the ones in the original PDF, if they were originally set up there, such as the table of contents do work. But yes, no indication which ones are actually links. I could underline them to show that, but again, a fair amount of hand work, and *I* have to figure out which ones are actual links.

What I was actually speaking of was the line at the top that gives other files to look at:
<<< NOTE: See also the files: p-backpacks-msg, BD-Hand-Cart-art, Dog-Pak- Sadle-art, Pilgrims-Trvl-art, basketweaving-msg, pouches-msg, bags- baskets-msg. >>>

I spent time adding underlines, by hand, to the PDF file. I did not spent the time to add each of the links by hand.

That line, which I put in every file, is the one that I currently have a program create the links for. But the program only works on Word generated HTML. Linking each of those files by hand is time I’d rather spend getting more stuff online but right now that is what I’d have to do for online files in PDF format.

Next attempt is going to be to translate the PDF to HTML and merge that into my Word generated HTML before or after I run my program. But that means the whole file is in HTML, which might or might not be good for some users.  There are programs and websites that say they can translate PDF into HTML. But how good they are, I won’t know until I try them.

Some also proclaim they can translate PDF into Word, that I could then paste into my Florilegium Word article and then run through my standard process. But they might create good HTML, that my program to clean up bad Word generated HTML might choke on :-).

Sorry to trouble everyone with this, but the end result might be more articles in the Florilegium and some, like the backpack article, I couldn’t get online previously.

Thanks,
   Stefan
That PDF only file again is:
In the TRAVEL section:
Backpak-Basket-art PDF 9/ 4/16 "16th century German Backpack Basket? by Mistress Kataryna Tkach.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TRAVEL/Backpak-Basket-art.pdf
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris