[Sca-cooks] boil in bags

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:07:31 PDT 2016

Aruvqan said:
<<<I love boil in bag =) Until the house fire we had a sous vide setup with
vacuum sealer and it was great =) I remember the original rush of vacuum
packing back in the 70s with the Daisey Seal-a-meal =) >>>

Huh?!!! I hadn’t heard of this. I hope everyone was/is okay.

As to the seal-a-meal stuff, here is what I have in the Florilegium:
bag-cooking-msg (61K) 12/23/10 Using plastic bags to warm pre-cooked foods at SCA events. Vacuum food sealers.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/bag-cooking-msg.html

cmp-ckng-bags-art (8K) 3/11/10 cooking using boil-in bags for quick meals by Baroness Claire Shayhan.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/cmp-ckng-bags-art.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com