[Sca-cooks] Writings on Honey Butter

Sonia Murphy soniatm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 04:35:16 PDT 2016

I thought I'd come across a 17th century reference to honey butter
recently, but it turns out they're both spread on the bread, not mixed
together beforehand. Protects against the plague, apparently.

Bottom right of
http://luna.folger.edu/luna/servlet/detail/FOLGERCM1~6~6~1201688~197254:Receipt-book-of-Margaret-Baker--man;JSESSIONID=1018316f-6709-4c00-9702-1648c26fd460?qvq=q%3A122013%3Bsort%3Acall_number%2Cauthor%2Ccd_title%2Cimprint%3Blc%3AFOLGERCM1~6~6&sort=call_number%2Cauthor%2Ccd_title%2Cimprint&mi=0&trs=1&cic=FOLGERCM1~6~6

Thora/Sonia