[Sca-cooks] An SCA feast

Christine Seelye-King Chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Tue Sep 20 16:54:30 PDT 2016

Wasn't Platina a librarian?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sca-cooks
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces+chefchristy=kingstaste.com at lists.ansteorra.org] On
Behalf Of JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:29 PM
To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] An SCA feast

I think you underestimate your ability to quickly locate references to a
variety of obscure food topics in your own database. "Food history
librarian,"  if you prefer. But I know a few people who call themselves food

historians who  do not have so much information at their fingertips.

I by the way AM a food historian (but only claim the title after some
history of publication by others), but not in the least a cook,

The great French food historian Le Grand d'Aussy, by the way, referred to
himself as a "compiler". A compiler whose work has been relentlessly mined
in the centuries since. Think of him as the Stefan of his time. :)

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 9/20/2016 2:28:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,