[Sca-cooks] Your top three books

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 22 14:48:36 PDT 2016

The best source for period Islamic cooking isal-Warraq
<https://www.amazon.com/Annals-Caliphs-Kitchens-Nawal-Nasrallah/dp/9004188118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1474580828&sr=1-1&keywords=caliphs+kitchen>.

/Curye on Englysch/ is probably the best 14th c. collection.

I can't think of an obvious third choice--but there are lots of things
that you can read for free online.

On 9/22/16 1:50 PM, Susan Lin wrote:
> My library seems to be sorely lacking.  I have plenty of cookbooks and I
> use the Internet but I do not personally own many historical books,
> manuscripts or collections that focus on the foods of a particular region.
>
> I'm all over the place.  I love Middle Eastern, Indian, Russian, Baltic,
> Balkan, European, English, just about everything.
>
> My family is always asking for ideas for gift giving.  So, here is my
> question:  what three resources can't you live without or would like to
> have in your own collection?
>
> You don't have to limit yourself as to price.  Both reasonably and
> unreasonably priced will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Shoshanah

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com