[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 125, Issue 40

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Sep 25 09:42:13 PDT 2016

How long is the semolina let to sit damp before you add the leavening
and start the ordinary bread making process? Someone on the FaceBook SCA
Cooking group suggested that it was 24 hours in some traditional cuisines.

I am in the process of doing the experiment on that basis.

On 9/25/16 7:51 AM, Terry Decker wrote:
> There are a couple of modern recipes I have encountered where semolina
> is mixed with water to make a paste in order to soften the fibers in
> the semolina.  It should produce a less chewy finished product.
>
> Bear

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/