[Sca-cooks] "A Thyme and Place"

The Eloquent Page books at TheEloquentPage.com
Fri Jan 6 14:30:50 PST 2017

I have a copy here at my bookstore. It's arranged in chronological
order, holiday by holiday.  Many are later period, despite the claims of
medieval.  It's fairly "cutesy" - the Hocktide entry reads "A little
Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-ish, but hey...cheesy bread!"  The recipes are
heavily modern - dragon lamb wellington, chutney, pork rolls made with
egg roll wraps, etc.  Some might have started from a medieval recipe-
cherry pudding, wassail, herb fritters, salmon pie, but without the
original recipe listed I can't see how they came up with these
redactions.  with The illustrations are drawings, and not particularly
period.   There is no documentation for anything - not the holiday lore,
not the recipes, and definitely not the illustrations.  There isn't even
a bibliography in the back so you can see what sources they used.

Katherine