[Sca-cooks] Christmas in July...

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:17:36 PDT 2017

Well, kinda.

Remember a bit over a month, month and a half ago that Duke Cariadoc found
for us the text of a bunch of sixteenth century Hungarian recipes?  And we
all agreed it was sad that we didn't read Hungarian.

Well, just over a month ago, I had this crazy notion.  What if we could
find a translator online?  How much would it cost?  Well, too much for this
petty bureaucrat to pay for it turns out.  But I asked around a few of my
local SCA cooking groups on Facebook, and, um, in under fifty and a half
hours, I had a crowdfunded commitment for the whole amount, including for
the feast menus from 1603 that followed it.  We all agreed that it would be
made available to anyone who wanted it.

It took a month for him to get the recipes done.  The menus are still in
process.  But waiting...waiting stinks.

The cookbook is now up at   http://medievalcookery.com/etexts.html?Hungary

There is a slight revision coming in the next day or so, but nothing that
would keep you from enjoying it now.  It will also shortly be hosted on
Cariadoc's site and Fibergeek.com

Go, redact, and cook!  And share what you're doing!

Gwyn Chwith ap Llyr