[Sca-cooks] Re; Christmas in July

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:34:29 PDT 2017

No, not -certain-.  When I was running through a quick edit on the text
(to, I think, correct bowls to pots, or juice to broth). I came across a
great many references to nutmeg flower as a seasoning.  Since we already
had carnations also listed as an ingredient, I stepped into that little
rabbit hole and googled "nutmeg flower" to see what it would look like.
Instead, as one does when following the research rabbit, I found this:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nutmeg%20flower

Which indicated something entirely other.  I have it flagged as one of
those things to look into further when comparing the original text to the
translation.  In my copious spare time.

Gwyn