[Sca-cooks] Christmas in July...

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 27 13:10:28 PDT 2017

Seconded. I would expect German influence in Hungarian cooking at that point (there's certainly evidence in the other direction), Having just completed a lot of source translations from German dating to roughly that time period, I know that muskatblüte (in various spellings) is a reference to mace. 'Baumöl' (tree oil) is also frequently used to describe olive oil in contemporary German.

Giano