[Sca-cooks] Concerning Ryori Monogatari

James Chevallier jimcheval at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 10:55:16 PST 2017

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the summary.

Tangentially, I was researching foreign restaurants in Paris and there is no mention of sushi at those from before the Eighties. My guess is that the lack of seaweed was one major reason. For that matter, it seems that Americans made it popular first and the French followed (making it worthwhile to import seaweed).

Jim Chevallier
www.chezjim.com