[Sca-cooks] Amazing romand dish (Patina de cydoniis)

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 07:11:37 PST 2017

On 3/6/2017 8:58 AM, Brooke White wrote:
> I am writing this to let ya'll know of the WORTHTRYingness and quality of
> this dish we cooked two days ago at an event here in Drachenwald: it is
> from
> Apicius "de re coquinaria " Book IV chapter II. 163 Patina de cydoniis.
>
> A dish of quinces is made as follows:2

Sounds great to me, I love dabbling in Roman foods, I liked Pig Newton
[ok, ok, Pernam -

>         287 Baked Picnic Ham Pork Shoulder, Fresh or Cured
>         Pernam
>
> The ham should be braised with a good number of figs and some three
> laurel leaves; the skin is then pulled off and cut into square pieces;
> these are macerated with honey. Thereupon make dough crumbs of flour
> and oil lay the dough over or around the ham, stud the top with the
> pieces of the skin so that they will be baked with the dough bake
> slowly and when done, retire from the oven and serve.

but around the house it is pig newton =) ]

I have a 4 pack of lobster tails that I am thinking of turning into
isicia/meatballs in a sauce. Haven't decided on the sauce though, I need
to browse Apicius a bit more.