[Sca-cooks] illusion foods

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:32:17 PDT 2018

<<< We're going to make the tarts for our Feast of Fools.  All of the dishes will tie into the illusion idea, but in different ways. Parmasean tarts sound like a cheese tart, but are of course fish tarts.  We are serving onion pottage in bean pots, but we're setting flowers on the top so they look like flower pots.  We're also doing hedgehogs, etc.

Katherine >>>

Perhaps of interest:
illusion-fds-msg (147K) 12/13/13 Medieval illusion foods. Disguised food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/illusion-fds-msg.html

Warners-art (32K) 6/29/98 An article on disguised food. by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Warners-art.html

Now that it can be done, I'd love to add some photos of illusion/disguised food to the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris