[Sca-cooks] Medieval Icelandic Recipes

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Jan 9 13:43:34 PST 2018

"In addition, the book contains 23 recipes from the oldest Icelandic
recipe book, The Diary, which is also a medical and health book."

I wonder if this is the Icelandic medical miscellany that contains one
of the versions of the 13th c. cookbook that Grewe has written about. If
so I already have it--it's the source of the recipes that we call
"Icelandic Chicken" and "The Lord's Salt."

If Grewe's analysis is correct, the parent manuscript is probably from
southern Europe.

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com