[Sca-cooks] Sources for Musk

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:26:32 PST 2018

Sorry, this list has been so quiet that I only check it occasionally, so I missed this conversation until now.

Here is what I've collected on musk in the Florilegium over the years, which includes a few sources for musk and musk alternatives.
musk-msg (11K) 3/11/15 Secretions from musk deer used in perfumes and some Middle Eastern recipes. Substitutes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/musk-msg.html

One of the links in this, is still good, surprisingly. But the stuff is *very* expensive depending on if is pure or is an essence or oil. (~$123/gram). From China, so who knows what the quality is.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/deer-musk
<<< 1g Dry Chinese DEER MUSK GRAINS Moschus Misk Kasturi Kasthuri Jinko Jet Musc
	• $122.39 >>>

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com