[Sca-cooks] The Rock

Laura C Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Sep 19 16:38:50 PDT 2018

Well, I have been learning to make cheese! My latest batch is a pesto
gouda, which came out strong, but tasty. (Next time, more basil, less
garlic!) I made cheese for Egils, and that went over well- some queso
fresco- one batch with thyme (including the flowers, as it was blooming)
and one with honey folded in just before pressing.

I've also been playing with bread. In an attempt to make maslin, I've
been trying different recipes and different grains, and changing up
rising etc. Mostly, I've been making bread frisbees. Which was ok-
everyone at Egils said they were very tasty frisbees!

These days I'm reading lots of theology and history of women religious
in the 8th c, but I'm also planning another bunch of recipe testing, as
soon as the weather has cooled off for real.

Oh- and not necessarily useful for events, but mussels, shrimp, and
scallops, cooked in butter, beer, and garlic, with basil, spinach, fresh
tomatoes and lemons, garnished with capers and served with hunks of
French bread- OMG. OMG. OMG. Especially with a bottle of sparkling
white. OMG.

Liutgard

--
Those people should not be listened to who keep
saying the voice of the people is the voice of God,

Alcuin of York
Works, Epistle 127 (to Charlemagne, AD 800)