[Sca-cooks] Chinese Sharbets (Was The Rock)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Sep 20 15:28:51 PDT 2018

Don't use pyrex directly on either a gas or electric burner.  You need some
distance between pyrex and the heating source.  Bunsen burners put out a lot
less heat than stove burners.

If you have to use metal, use a good grade of stainless steel.  It is what
is used in commercial fermentation processes.  It starts having problems
when the acid content goes over 20% by volume.

Bear

Not currently :(

I'm regretting not buying an earthenware pot, but I'll look for enamel.

I do have a lab glassware pyrex beaker... any idea if that's safe to use on
a glass stove?