[Sca-cooks] Grape syrup (was: Rock)

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Sep 21 18:46:52 PDT 2018

I’m about 1/4 - 1/3 done with reducing 3 qts to 1 qt. As you mention, there’s a fair bit of foaming, but it stops about 40 minutes into the simmer. BTW, if you save your syrup for any length of time, you’ll see a precipitate form, which I’m pretty sure is tartaric acid — it’s not particularly sour, but it’s very gritty.
— Galefridus